Many retrofit plastic pipe systems are often only guarded by fire rated walls and floors which offers inadequate protection and could create great expense should they be damaged by flames. ROCKWOOL Intumescent Pipe Wrap has been designed as a more cost-effective solution to the Firestop Pipe Collars, trusted to protect pipe systems and penetrations against fire.
This innovative pipe wrap is highly adaptable and can protect both plastic pipework and electrical trunking in both floors and walls, making it a highly adaptable product for many construction projects. Manufactured from layers of a graphite-based intumescent sheet which is then encased in a polythene sheath, this design is able to fit most trunking sizes with the product wrapped around the outside of the pipework and fixed in places with self-adhesive strips. Should a fire occur, ROCKWOOL Intumescent Pipe Wrap will expand to fill any void that is left behind by burnt-out plastic preventing the passage of flames and smoke. Installation must be completed to the manufacturer’s instructions.
Complies to BS476: Part 20 (1987) regulations.
- Maximum protection – ROCKWOOL Intumescent Pipe Wrap offers 4 hours of fire resistance, creating a lasting protection against fire and smoke passage.
- Fits most electrical trunking sizes - available for pipes from 55mm and up to 160mm (O.D.)
- No mechanical fixings – offers installers easy implementation due to being versatile for most pipe sizes.
- Water resistance – don’t fear rain, leakages or floods, this product is 100% resistant against water.
- Zero maintenance – ROCKWOOL Intumescent Pipe Wrap requires no ancillaries, which makes it a cost-effective solution to fire prevention.