Concrete soffits play a vital role within the structure of a building, but without adequate protection they can leave buildings vulnerable to the rapid spread of fire and the costly loss of heat. The ROCKWOOL® Soffit Slab is a mineral wool fire resistant insulation that also offers important acoustic and thermal benefits for concrete soffits.
The Soffit Slab has been created to provide a cost-effective fire resistant and thermal insulation solution for structural elements such as concrete car park soffits. The Soffit Slab is manufactured from non-combustible rigid ROCKWOOL® board and has been designed with a variety of facings. To match design and colour schemes, it is available in black or white tissue, aluminium foil facing, un-faced and also as a non-combustible high impact board. The rigid ROCKWOOL insulation board also offers excellent thermal and acoustic performance - available in various thicknesses, it provides up to 4 hours protection, including reinforced concrete floors. Critically, The ROCKWOOL® Soffit Slab is water repellent ensuring that moisture is kept out. The durability of the product increases further when used in combination with the 6mm non-combustible high impact option. The use of the two products together provides increased impact resistance and are available in thicknesses from 136mm to 166mm in 10 mm increments.
Non-combustible (Euroclass A1)
CE marked in accordance with BS EN 13162
- Easy to install - installation requires contractors to simply butt together at joints. The Soffit Slabs are also easily cut to accommodate services - when fixing a tile or modular system, it is advisable to start with a focus reference slab in the centre of the soffit with subsequent slabs being fixed working towards each edge. The use of string lines or laser alignment equipment will assist in ensuring alignment and squareness of the installation.
- Excellent thermal performance – ensuring that heat is maintained, the ROCKWOOL® Soffit Slab has a thermal conductivity (k value) of 0.034 W/mK.
- Easy to integrate – the ROCKWOOL® Soffit Slabs are chemically inert and compatible with most materials with which they are likely to come into contact in normal building applications.
- Proven fire resistance – the Soffit Slabs have been tested in-situ on a concrete soffit for insulation and integrity to BS EN 1363-1 to offer fire protection to reinforced concrete floors.
- Biologically sound - ROCKWOOL® Soffit Slabs do not provide a food source for vermin or encourage the growth of fungi, mould or bacteria.