Fire compartmentation forms an essential part of any fire prevention strategy, providing resistance against spread. The ROCKWALL SP FireStop Slab® has been specifically designed as part of an effective one piece fireproof insulation system to form cavity fire stops and accommodate movement within buildings.
The SP FireStop Slab® provides a unique lateral compression to facilitate a tight fit between substrates. As a simple to use, cut and install solution, the ROCKWOOL SP FireStop System comprises of both the SP FireStop Slab and SP FireStop fixing brackets. A medium density ROCKWOOL slab, it incorporates a foil facing to both sides which helpfully includes cutting lines to support accurate installation. Whilst resisting the passage of smoke and providing up to 2 hours fire resistance, the SP FireStop System can achieve a fire resistance rating of up to 2 hours in voids of up to 600mm. Protecting against both movement of +/- 3% and also acoustic loss, this ROCKWOOL product has outstanding acoustic properties, significantly reducing the levels of sound transmission through wall and floor cavities.
SP FireStop System has been tested and assessed to BS 476: Part 20. BS EN 1366-4: 2006 and classified to BS EN 13501-2. / Third party approved with LPCB – certificate no. 022b. / Authorised for use in LUL surface and sub-surface premises (LUL Ref: 2244).
- Multiple use - SP FireStop System including the ROCKWOOL SP Firestop Slabs is suitable for a wide variety of purposes including within masonry constructions, curtain walling systems and large cavity voids.
- Easy to cut - ROCKWOOL SP FireStop Slabs are designed for cutting on site with a sharp knife or saw and a straight edge.
- Flexible - the SP FireStop System may be installed horizontally or vertically and is suitable for cavity widths between 50mm and 600mm. SP FireStop can also be used horizontally in cavity widths up to 1000mm. Please contact ROCKWOOL Technical Solutions for fire resistance ratings in voids over 600mm.
- Up to 2 hours fire resistance – offering significant protection including the passage of smoke.
- Easy to install – the dry fit system saves time and resource on site. For easy compression fitting and to accommodate the fixing pattern, cutting should be along the 1000mm length. The SP Fixing Brackets are then re-profiled by hand and cut as necessary to allow at least 75% penetration of the fire stop material. They should be placed as shown in technical datasheet or fixed by other suitable mechanical means.